Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The “Pearl” is Grace!


The “Pearl” is Grace!

 I have know many believers who have not emulated the complete gift of salvation in their every day lives…I am sure you have known many yourself. In fact, I myself have had many a moment of “non-Christlike” behavior and lifestyle choices in my journey as a believer. Lets face it, we all have.

 I am sure there is someone in your life that is living questionably as a Christian. I know lots of individuals that need a little help, a little advice.  A parent that drinks to much beer, a brother that grows pot and claims it is just for medicinal purposes, a friend that is pushing the bar physically with their girlfriend, a mother or father that is not parenting responsibly in your opinion, a co-worker that uses a lot of crude language. The list goes on, I am sure you have mulled it over. It is easy to pick out ones who are not up to par.

There is always opportunity from an outside angle to move into judgment mode as we observe our fellow brothers and sister. We are feeling justified by our great “concern” or provoked to act in haste before the offender assumes that we are in agreement with their compromising life style.  I have acted in “concern” and spoke up in haste many times, only to find that it was not my job to do so.

Our job as a believer is to walk in love and reach out to the “wayward ones” with genuine relationship and patience. I guarantee, that your friend or family member knows your opinion and advice about their lifestyle or beliefs simply by how you live your life. No need to exasperate yourself with judgment and advice. Last I checked it was His kindness that leads to repentance and change, the Holy Spirit has always done His job in convincing our hearts.

We can have so many good, right and biblical opinions that we want to share but if they are not dictated by love it is empty words to our loved ones. Be in truth; know what is right and just but above all clothe yourselves in love! We judge and pick people in the body apart so quickly, it is so sad!  Be in relationship. Be available! Let your life be full of the substance of Grace, speaking wisdom to those around you, with unconditional love, even your family (I know this can be the hardest ones to unconditionally love.)

I have purposed not to go after relationships with a list of you should’s anymore. I have to love people right where they are at and when I am asked my opinion I have found that my friend probably already knows what I will say, the Holy Spirit has already spoken and I am able to be a confirmation of His love and Grace. I pray for friends and Christians in my life that will show me the same Patience and Love.

I was thinking about Matthew 7:1-6,

1“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

This passage pertains to what I am talking about here. A: Don’t judge, B: Don’t correct your brother when I am sure you may need some good-ol’ correcting yourself.

And finally, the last part of the passage,

6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

I think many people have mistaken “not throwing your pearls before swine (pigs)” to mean not wasting your time giving good advice to someone that cannot receive it or apply it to their lives, so we feel justified in severing relationships, putting up the hand and ex- communicating members of the body. The “pearl” in this passage is Grace. The dogs are the hypocrites and the Pharisees, those whom are preaching law and judgment. Don't throw your pearl before those swines!

Your pearl of Grace is meant for the broken, wayward, wounded and searching brother. Keep it precious and at the forefront of all you share and live by.

Lets change the face of Christianity with Love, with patience, with GRACE. Changing the face of Christianity with opinions, techniques and a list of do-gooders morals is not working!


With Love,
Lily Crowder

2 comments: