Thursday, December 29, 2011

Got a VitaMix for Christmas, so this is what we are trying out.....

I could never bring myself to be a "raw-foodie", honestly I would rather just die:) But I am very excited to be getting ample greens into our diet with my new fancy blender!


 
  
We have been doing green smoothies for almost a week after our sugar bum rush during the holidays, I feel so good and clear minded, I am addicted!  I have been giving the kids green smoothies with berries and they are drinking 1cup of raw greens and they don't even know it, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!


HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR THE KIDS GREEN SMOOTHIE:

1 cup  Orange juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 cup Mixed frozen berries
1/2 cup frozen mango or pineapple
1 banana
2 cups fresh spinach, kale, or greens of your choice
Chia seeds or flax seeds and/or green powder or bee pollen  powder






1 comment: