Saturday, June 5, 2010

easter on the road


For the last three years we have spent Easter on the road, forgoing the traditional holiday activities ( not that conventional holidays are a huge value for our family) We do like to celebrate every childhood moment that makes life special, especially if it involves games and of course celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.

This year Easter was celebrated at a road stop on our way from IL to KS, complete with egg hunt ( from eggs we died in the hotel room) and a bunny cake (very spiritual I know) I had purchased at a local store.  It was a sweet day, and at least the photos make it look like the kids had a "normal Easter".  I have learned to let go of a lot of "Ideals" as I raise my children on the road.  I think I always knew we would have an unconventional life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment